Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Infiltration 2.9 EAS Mapping Guide

A big thank-you to Alpha_9 and RaekwoN, for posting The official EAS Mapping Guide. It's very easy to follow, and gives you all the info on INF specific actors. If you have any questions about the Guide, visit the Infiltration Development Forum, and post there. I made a simple CD-extraction map just to test things out, so if you want a copy of it you can email me at smeerkat (at) gmail (dot) com. It's basically a straight line to the laptop, then back to the humvee for extraction.

Small update on my map: I have around 200 images of a dozen locations, so I'm going through them and choosing the ones that I'll use in my map. I'm going to use some textures from the Desert Storm Mappack, and I've already created a custom sound for ear candy. Next step is to plan the layout, i.e. where to put the laptop, extraction point, attackers' spawn point, and defenders' spawn point. I'll probably use graph paper to measure the routes. Since the map objectives are simple, I'm going to spend a lot more time on the architecture, providing interesting combat arenas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home